Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Universities in Georgia?
No entry exams
From $5,000 / year
September & March
Up to the last three years
Georgian Universities to Study Medicine in English
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- East West Teaching University (EWTU) in Tbilisi, Georgia, offers a 6-Year Medicine Programme for undergraduate students to qualify with an internationally-recognised Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The EWTU programme is structured in line with EU standards with modules taught in a progressive sequence of theoretical general anatomy, medical and clinical sciences, then followed with a ‘Spiral curriculum’ of clinical modules and hospital rotations.
- Clinical rotations are completed in modern Georgian medical facilities and hospitals with EWTU students able to study in the leading medical centres, Alexandre Aladashvili University Clinic and Tbilisi Balneological Resort.
- The programme comprises three years of pre-clinical modules followed by three final years of clinical rotations; the pre-clinical years involve lectures, seminars, and laboratories, while clinical years are rotations in Georgian medical settings.
- The academic faculty teaches in English and works to the mission statement principles of transparency, equity, social responsibility, high-quality instruction and research, diverse services, and excellence in educational outcomes.
- EWTU offers Scholarships for their programmes.
- New Vision University (NVU) offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medical Programme in Tbilisi, Georgia that qualifies graduates with an international degree as an Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The NVU curriculum adheres to EU standards and modules are taught in an innovative loop system with each consecutive module building on the previous one to establish complex learning objectives over four loops.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, granting students first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The programme involves pre-clinical and clinical modules, with the first three years involving theoretical modules and the last three years comprising clinical rotations in Georgian hospitals.
- The NVU staff includes more than 400 professors, scholars and practitioners, ensuring that every student gets the support they need to achieve their academic goals.
- At NVU, you can study partially online.
- Students also have the opportunity to complete the clinical studies at hospitals in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia, upon availability.
- The Caucasus International University (CIU) is one of the top medical schools in Georgia with its reputation in Europe growing constantly.
- The University offers an undergraduate medicine programme comprises six years of study and is taught entirely in English.
- All teaching methods and programmes are updated regularly to ensure they reflect all European requirements.
- CIU has a mixed structure for undergraduate medicine with the first three years of the programme involving pre-clinical modules and clinical modules for years three to six.
- Students who successfully complete all modules over the six years, are qualified as a Doctor of Medicine (MD) with a master’s degree.
- CIU alumni have excellent post-graduate prospects with medical jobs in Georgia and other countries around the world, such as the UK and the USA.
- Georgian National University (SEU) in Tbilisi is one of the country’s most modern and well-established higher institutions.
- The university has nearly 500 lecturers, four faculties and over 500 multidisciplinary courses.
- The modern university offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme taught entirely in English with extensive study in fundamental medical knowledge to prepare graduates for a profession of service, care, research and health promotion.
- Undergraduates complete two years of basics of medicine, followed by a third year with preclinical courses, then the final three years involve clinical rotations and clerkships culminating in advanced medical practice.
- SEU emphasises practical learning and hands-on experience through laboratories, surgeries, applied research, and affiliated co-op programmes with hospitals and clinics.
- The university has a strong careers office that supports their alumni to practice medicine in the vast majority of the countries globally.
- The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) was founded in 1914 and is ranked by the University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) as one of the top Georgian universities.
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is designed to align with EU curriculum standards as well as match the high standards of internationally medical schools.
- Students undertake different modules of study over the six years with the first two years comprising theoretical foundational study, the third year in-depth pre-clinical modules and the final three years are clinical rotations.
- Each academic year is broken into two semesters and all classes are taught in English.
- Quality assurance mechanisms ensure that teaching methods and programmes remain at a high standard.
- The university leverages its extensive network of business contacts to help students secure quality job placement and career success.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas &Water)||60–80||720–960|
+ How is the Online Study Programme Offered?
- Students at East West Teaching University and New Vision University, Georgia can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Students can study partially for an Undergraduate course at East West Teaching University.
+ What do the Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- Competitive clinical rotation opportunities are offered for students studying at Georgian universities to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities abroad.
- Offers are made after matching medical student’s preferences and offered clinical rotation in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia.
+ What are the Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Why Study Medicine in Georgia?
- Georgia has a long tradition providing high quality of medical education offering a pleasant, safe and secure environment for studies.
- Georgian Medical Schools offer innovative approaches to medical education, training adequately their students to respond to the imminent changes of technological advancements.
- Local universities are part of the Bologna Process and students can participate in student exchange programmes such as the Erasmus+.
- Infrastructure for living, studying and working is very modern with a transport network linking the capital of Tbilisi and greater Georgia a highly efficient and modern service.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events