Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Georgia (UK On Campus Options)
No entry exams
October, November, March & May
Up to the last 3 years
+What is 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine?
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme provides you with the opportunity to complete a medical degree with applicants required to hold a Bachelor of Science degree (BSc) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- The Graduate Programme offers students an accelerated study path as they enter the medical programme in the third year of the six year course.
- The Graduate entry medicine programme enables students to begin studies in a later year, that will benefit students in time and money.
- The NVU graduate medicine programme comprises theoretical and practical modules with one year of clinical studies followed by three years of clinical training with medical professionals.
- Following the completion of the programme, graduates have high level professional experience developed in Georgian hospitals and a full accreditation with a globally-recognised medical degree.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to oversee assessment of and processing of graduate programme applications inclusive of Bachelor’s Degree transcripts; the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab on this page provides all key information.
- Caucasus International University (CIU) accepts applications from candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field for the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme.
- The programme involves accelerated study over four years with modules commencing in Year Three of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme and all modules taught in English.
- To apply, candidates submit analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams for successful applicants.
- CIU qualifies graduates with an internationally-recognised Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- The programme comprises pre-clinical foundation modules then clinical rotations and clerkships at Georgian hospitals and state exams.
- CIU is a member of The World Directory of Medical Schools and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research which presents opportunities for an international medical career.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to oversee graduate programme applications with review and assessment of documents including Bachelor’s degree transcripts; click the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab for all essential information.
- Georgian National University (SEU) offers the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme for candidates with a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc).
- SEU teaches all medicine modules in English with a teaching faculty of Georgian and international professors and clinicians.
- Applicants to SEU graduate medicine must submit their Bachelor’s Degree analytical academic transcripts and, if successful, there are no entry exams.
- TOU has a rigorous teaching model and the curriculum is based around international standards for medical education; all modules are delivered in a process that is ongoing, continuous and comprehensive to support students.
- Students study one year of preclinical modules then three years of professional clinical training in local hospitals and facilities.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess, process and evaluate graduate programme documents (including Bachelor’s transcripts); the tab Graduate Entry Assessment Process outlines all information.
+What are the SME Clinical Rotations in Canada, the USA, Australia, Ireland and the UK?
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) offers the opportunity for students studying at Georgian universities to undertake international clinical rotations for up to three years in Ireland, the UK, Canada, the USA and Australia.
- SME matches the student’s clinical rotations to their Georgian medicine programme in professional hospitals and clinical facilities.
- Placements are limited and students must apply to SME with:
- Placement preferences with the location, department name, and the duration of the rotation, as well as their CV.
- Official authorisation and confirmation of their application from the Professor coordinating the medicine programme.
- Due to the specific nature of the rotations and matching placements to programmes, SME can only offer a limited number of places .
- These international matched clinical rotation opportunities expand the scope of student’s clinical experience and prepare them for a global medicine career.
+What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at the Georgian New Vision University (NVU) will soon have the option to study pre-clinical modules in the UK.
- NVU is expanding its university campuses to Derby in the UK where it has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby that will be converted to pre-clinical facilities
- Graduate Medicine Programmes offered at the UK Campus are:
- 4-Year Graduate Course – the first year of pre-clinical modules
- The new NVU UK facilities will open in the later half of 2021 and students will study in lecture and seminar spaces, scientific and research laboratories, and digital zones.
+British Professors & Medical Faculty
- NVU Georgia has welcomed 52 British Professors to its medical faculty.
- The teaching experience of the NVU faculty significantly expands with these British Professors who are senior consultants and have worked for the UK’s NHS.
- All these new Professors are consultant Surgeons and consultant Physicians who hold academic positions at British and American Medical Schools.
- The medical faculty will deliver course material and teach classes that are consistent with leading British Universities including the University of Oxford, Imperial College, and the University of Cambridge
+What Universities Offer Graduate Entry Medicine in Georgia?
- New Vision University (NVU) is situated in the centre of Georgia’s thriving capital city, Tbilisi.
- This fully-accredited university boasts a very high quality of education as well as ultra-modern facilities.
- NVU’s Graduate Entry medicine programme is open to candidates who already have a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree.
- The duration of the course is just four years in length as candidates can start in the third year of the six-year course without taking entrance exams.
- Students have an online study option available temporarily due to Covid-19.
- This enables medical students to fast-track their degree and save money on tuition fees.
- For over 20 years, CIU has been one of the fastest-growing universities in Europe.
- The university has grown to over 3,000 students with five established faculties.
- CIU has nurtured relationships with many local and international institutions and organisations including extensive contributions to research and public lecture series.
- The university facilities are very modern and attract many visiting academics as well as international students.
- CIU currently works in partnership as part of the Erasmus+ initiative with universities in Spain and Poland.
- Current students can apply for a scholarship which, if successful, covers 70% of the programme tuition fees.
- Student life at CIU is built around academic performance, student self government, developing international relationships, and learning from the faculty of academic and research staff.
- Georgian National University (SEU) is a vibrant and highly-regarded university in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- SEU has nearly 500 lecturers who work across four faculties presenting undergraduate and master’s programmes.
- The university has an international focus and has established itself on the principles and values of the European Higher Education Area.
- SEU is part of modern Tbilisi with distinctive buildings including its library, conference and mock trial rooms, and learning auditorium.
- The university publishes its own scientific journal “Seu&science” and it’s strategic planning for 2020-2026 incorporates goals to positively contribute to the economic and social development of Georgia.
- Student life at SEU is about fun, relaxation and a healthy lifestyle integrated with learning therefore the library has green areas and work on an on-campus dormitory is underway.
+What are the Entry Requirements?
- Students are considered eligible for the Four-Year Graduate Medicine Programme if they hold a Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant science or medicine field (such as nursing, biomedicine, or pharmacy).
- Applications require you to complete admissions paperwork and university transcripts for Study Medicine Europe to review.
- The accelerated medicine qualification offers you a degree from a world-class university and clinical experience in real-world medical settings.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+What Funding Options are Available?
- Students eligible for student loans can have half of their annual tuition feed covered for the duration of a full academic year.
- Eligibility criteria and loan repayments information can be found when you visit our Student Loans page.
- At Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days, it’s possible to win one of five scholarships for New Vision University.
- Additionally, if you pass all of your subjects you are eligible to earn an academic scholarship that will cover 25% of the next year’s tuition fees.
- More scholarship details for NVU can be read on our Scholarships.
+Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Georgia?
+Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Medical Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and,
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and.
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, if requested, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events