Why Study Medicine at the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in Georgia?
No entry exams
Up to the last 3 years
+Why Choose Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University?
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was founded in Tbilisi in 1914 and has a long legacy of being a leader and innovator in Georgian education.
- It is regarded as one of the most desirable universities in Georgia due to its innovative academic offerings, a lively student community and a central city location.
- The University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) has placed TSU as the best University in Georgia.
- The university boasts a large network of business contacts which are drawn on to help students with job placement and career success.
- Frequent checks by internal and external quality assurance mechanisms ensure that the quality of teaching methods and programmes remains consistently excellent.
- It hosts many conferences throughout the year and visiting professors from around the frequently deliver lectures thereby giving students them a more global perspective of their field.
+What does the Medicine programme involve?
- This programme is offered in English. It lasts over six years with each academic year divided into two semesters.
- It is broken down into 2 years of basic, 1 year of pre-clinical and 3 years of clinical courses.
- The course aims to provide internationally approved standards of knowledge to students.
- The programme emphasises an integrated approach with students gaining knowledge in basic, clinical and social disciplines.
- Students will develop knowledge and skills in the following areas: scientific basis of medicine, clinical knowledge and skills, public health and healthcare systems, professional values, ethics and behaviour, communication skills, critical thinking and scientific research and information management.
- The medical programme is event-driven and interactive. It includes small group classes while also offering the opportunity for distance and e-learning.
+What does the Medicine programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+Admission to Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history, and course you are applying for.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia from your home country.
- Two small 4/5cm photos.
- All documents also need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
- The validity of the document should be approved by the Georgian National Education Quality Enhancement Center.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Founded in fifth century, the colourful and historic city of Tbilisi is located in the heart of the beautiful Mtkvari River valley.
- With its many museums, stunning architecture, vibrant culture and exciting food scene, Tbilisi has much to offer to international students.
- The public transport system has seen major improvements in recent times, enabling you to explore the city at your leisure.
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Tbilisi offers an attractive option to students who have a taste for adventure.
+Life in Georgia
- The country of Georgia has made vast strides since gaining independence in 1991 with every year seeing consistently steady economic progress.
- The tourism sector is experiencing on ongoing boom and is now an important source of income for the country’s economy, contributing around $2.16 billion in 2016.
- Much work has been done to improve the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country, making it easier than ever to travel around this stunning country.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Georgia boasts many breathtaking hiking routes, including the Tusheti National Park and the spellbinding Greater Caucasus Range.
- According to the 2017 Crime Index Rate, Georgia is ranked among the top 7 safest out of 125 countries in the world.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events