Why Study Medicine at Medical Universities in Greece?
Exams in Biology, Chemistry & General Knowledge
Up to the last 3 years
Students can study medicine in Greece with a 6-Year Undergraduate Programme.Undergraduate Programme – 6-Year Medicine Course
- This programme is taught entirely in English and modules commence in October.
- Applicants are required to sit Biology, Chemistry and General Knowledge tests.
- The programme is structured into pre-clinical and clinical modules: ○ Years One to Two: pre-clinical modules with lectures, seminars and laboratories
- The undergraduate programme is structured progressively so that students complete modules and gain knowledge that is applied concurrently or in the next semester.
- Students wishing to study medicine in Greece can apply to Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
○ Years Three to Five: clinical modules with lectures
○ Year Six: clinical training and exams
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Greece.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Greek to satisfy state directives.
Students are also required to:
- Sit exams in Biology, Chemistry and General Knowledge
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) offers an exclusive international clinical rotations opportunity for medicine students enrolled in Europe.
- Students apply to SME to complete up to three years of clinical rotations in medical settings in Canada, the USA, Australia, the UK and Ireland that are matched to their university’s clinical modules.
- To apply, students submit the following paperwork to SME:
- Rotation preferences inclusive of the location, hospital department and duration of placement, and, professional CV.
- Official authorisation of their application from the Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- SME offers placements in order of application submission due to limitations in spaces and the specificities of aligning the rotation with programme requirements.
- International clinical rotations offer students an invaluable training and professional pathway for skill development, network expansion and career progression.
- Tuition fees for studying medicine at Greek universities is as follows:
- Each programme is taught entirely through English and lasts for six years.
|Medical University||Programme (English)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()||Aristotle University of Thessaloniki||Undergraduate Medicine||October||Medicine: 14,240|
- All modules over the six years are taught in English.
- Students are taught both pre-clinical and clinical modules on-campus in the classrooms, auditoriums, laboratories, and university hospital.
- Students must attend and pass all 83 courses to fulfil the 360 ECTS required; there are 76 courses over the first five years and 7 clinical exercises in the sixth year.
- There are three cycles of modules:
- Pre-clinical ‒ the first two years (semesters 1-4)
- Clinical ‒ the middle three years (semesters 5-10)
- Clinical practice ‒ the final year (semesters 11-12)
- Applicants are required to submit their applications by the end of June.
- The academic year is split into two semesters. The timetable will be structured as follows:
|Winter Semester||Early October||Mid January|
|Vacation Time||Early February||Mid February|
|Summer Semester||Late February||Early June|
|Easter Holidays||Early April||Mid April|
- There are three exam periods annually that last for three weeks each: two at the end of each semester and one in September prior to the Winter Semester commencing.