Why Choose to Study Dentistry at Internationally Accredited Universities in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
October & March
+ What is the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Course?
- Kiev Medical University (KMU) is a leader in dental education and it is considered one of the most prestigious dental institutions in Ukraine.
- All modules are taught entirely in English and there are two semesters each year of the programme.
- Professors are highly experienced and the curriculum is developed in line with European Union standards.
- The programme involves pre-clinical modules of fundamental theory and clinical modules of dentistry practice.
- Students learn at KMU in world-class settings for their lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical studies.
- Graduates from KMU work all over the world with their dentistry qualification.
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is based in the heritage city of Uzhhorod, Western Ukraine at the border of Slovakia and near the Hungarian border.
- It is one of Ukraine’s leading, not-for-profit public universities with a renowned history of academia since it was founded in 1945.
- The five-year dentistry programme has two semesters each year and is in English.
- Students study pre-clinical modules of fundamental theory of dentistry.
- They then progress to clinical modules in professional settings to learn clinical dentistry procedures and surgeries.
- Students graduate with an international qualification and can practise dentistry in the UK, Canada, the USA, Australia and other countries in the world.
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is based in Ukraine’s capital city, Kiev and is one of the oldest higher institutions in Ukraine having made extensive contributions to the medical and dental fields.
- BNMU is regarded for its global qualification and teaches this programme entirely in English with all faculty highly experienced in practical and theoretical dentistry.
- The comprehensive undergraduate dentistry training is in partnership with Kiev Hospital and the Scientific Research Center’s programmes for dentistry.
- Students study over five years, with preclinical and clinical modules structured into two semesters per year equipping students with dynamic dentistry skills.
- BNMU students complete world-class laboratories on-campus and off-campus to achieve strong understanding theoretical and practical studies in all dentistry procedures.
- The university’s learning facilities prepare students for their dentistry specialty and graduates current practise in the UK, Australia, the USA and Canada.
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is a long-established leader in the field of dental education in Ukraine.
- ZSMU boasts an esteemed 5-year English-language dental programme which is fully-accredited and recognised worldwide.
- All modules are taught entirely in English with two semesters every year.
- Over the five years, students complete pre-clinical modules focused on advanced theory then they complete clinical modules that equip them to practise dentistry.
- Course content is sophisticated incorporating medical and biological studies, as well as clinical components and procedures.
- The rigorous learning environment equips ZSMU graduates for a dentistry career with alumni working internationally in the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not permitted in Ukraine as local medical universities do not acknowledge non-Ukrainian BSc degrees due to the major differences in study programmes of the dentistry course and the non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degree. As a result, any modules covered in a BSc degree cannot be included in Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Those wishing to study medicine at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine because online learning is not permitted for any dentistry programmes according to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+ Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- UK: The General Dental Council (GDC) specifies a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical experience which comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment and not the time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students.
+ Why Study Dentistry in Ukraine?
- Students studying at universities in Ukraine benefit from the highly established institutions that are recognised for their academic research and dynamic faculties.
- Ukraine attracts many international students to study dentistry in English while living in a vibrant, progressive country with a rich academic history.
- Throughout Ukraine there are many established medical schools as well as universities and institutions specifically teaching dentistry.
- Dentistry students in Ukraine can enjoy modern facilities and clinical settings that prepare them for a long, successful career in dentistry.
- The country boasts a beautiful climate and an affordable lifestyle with students able to focus on their tertiary studies while embarking on their professional dentistry career.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events