Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at Uzhhorod National University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
- Medicine : $3,800
- Dentistry: $3,500
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Uzhhorod National University?
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is a well-established heritage university in the Western city of Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
- UzhNU is regarded as one of the leading, not-for-profit universities in Ukraine with a strong culture of academia for over six decades.
- The university currently has approximately 13,000 students enrolled with a significant population of international students attending the university for its courses taught in English.
- UzhNU is a comprehensive university with 20 faculties and over 3,000 academic and research staff.
- Academic excellence is at the forefront of their ethos and the university motto is, “The more we know – the more we can”.
- UzhNU is a hub for academic and research projects, attracting visiting and tenured professors with its international partnerships alongside numerous European scientific projects and involvement with Erasmus+.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry Programmes Involve?
- The university offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Graduates of the course are qualified with an internationally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree.
- The UzhNU programme is structured with a loop study system. Students study pre-clinical and clinical modules of four loops in total with each loop building on the previous theory studies to set and achieve complex learning objectives.
- Students gain hands-on experience in real-world medical facilities to develop their clinical skills.
- The UzhNU 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme is taught in English.
- UzhNU’s programme is structured to develop a student’s understanding and skills for pre-clinical and post-clinical procedures in the dentistry field.
- The course curriculum initially consists of two years of pre-clinical study for dentistry fundamentals, then for the final three years the curriculum shifts to focus on clinical training in a professional setting.
- Graduates from UzhNU are employed throughout Ukraine or globally in countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, and Australia.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME provides students international clinical rotations matching with students able to undertake up to three years of clinical training in international hospitals and facilities.
- Students who successfully apply to SME are matched to medical facilities in Canada, USA, Australia, Ireland, and the UK with all rotations in line with their UzhNU curriculum.
- Applications for the SME international clinical rotations require:
- Paperwork comprising the student’s CV and the rotation specifics (the location, department and duration of placement).
- Official authorised approval of the application from the coordinating Professor of their UzhNU medicine programme.
- Clinical rotations offers are limited due to the types and durations of spaces in each location therefore SME will process applications and offer places in order of submission.
- International clinical experience is an invaluable opportunity for medicine students to learn in diverse settings, expand their technical knowledge, and connect with clinicians all over the world.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Students who want to study at a Ukrainian medical university must relocate to Ukraine as online learning is not accepted for any medicine or dentistry programmes. This is in accordance with Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Online learning is not recognised by any of the world’s Medical Council.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine :
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- None of the world’s Dental Councils recognises online learning.
- All Dental Councils look at the evidence of studies, including online learning, when dentistry graduates apply for registration:
- Students must have a detailed reason, including evidence and exception documentation, ready for any online studies completed during Covid-19, which they will be asked to provide upon request.
- For online studies performed during Covid-19, students should have a formal reason prepared, including evidence and exception documentation.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||3800|
|Dentistry||October & March||3,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1,540–3,080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+ Admission to Uzhhorod National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Ukraine does not allow graduate entry because local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees due to the significant differences between their curriculum in medicine and dentistry, and the foreign BSc programmes. As a result, subjects studied in a BSc degree cannot be included on Ukrainian medical or dental transcripts.
+ Life in Uzhhorod
- Uzhhorod is well-known for its extensive history as a city founded in the ninth century and as the most western regional city in Ukraine.
- The city gains its name from the Uzh River that splits the city down the middle, creating distinctive ‘old’ and ‘new’ towns that create diverse culture in Uzhhorod.
- Uzhhorod is a friendly, accessible city with lots of folk art and the family friendly Bozdos’kyi Park.
- The city is suitable and pleasant for students with a range of affordable public transport including trams, buses, a Metro, plus regional and European trains
- Uzhhorod has a pleasant climate perfect for university life and receives 1950 hours of sunshine per year
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe and is famous for its culture, architecture, and its beautiful and diverse landscape.
- From mountains and dense forests to coastline, lakes and steppes, Ukraine offers a huge number of activities and fertile farmland with exceptional produce for the entire country.
- The people of Ukraine are known for their hospitality and openness.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events