Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Universities in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) was founded in 1840 and has an extensive history as one of the foremost medical training facilities in Ukraine attracting many expert Ukrainian medicine professionals and academics.
- BNMU has 10,000 students training in medicine, including 1,300 international students from over 50 countries.
- The undergraduate medicine programme is taught entirely in English and is structured into three years of pre-clinical modules and three years of clinical modules.
- BNMU’s medical institute is fully integrated with training programmes for Kiev Hospital and the Scientific Research Center.
- The university’s learning facilities prepare students for global medicine with graduates working in countries such as the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia.
- Kiev Medical University (KMU) is the most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev.
- It offers a six-year undergraduate course taught over two semesters each year with a progressive curriculum in line with European Union tertiary standards.
- The course structure is split into three years of pre-clinical subjects then three years of clinical rotations and advanced theory.
- Students study in a range of different formats comprising lectures, tutorials and classes, laboratories, practical sessions, seminars, and clinical rotations.
- The university operates 22 health faculties with 500 faculty members and students from 62 countries.
- The KMU faculty are highly experienced with a focus on innovative teaching for international students.
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is located in the regional city of Uzhhorod in Western Ukraine near the borders of Slovakia and Hungary, and is one of the leading public universities in Ukraine with a strong legacy of academia since its founding in 1945.
- The Medicine programme for undergraduates comprises six years with each year consisting of two semesters of modules. The course is taught entirely in English.
- The study curriculum is structured in a range of formats including in-class or pre-recorded lectures, interactive tutorials, class learning, laboratories, practical workshops, seminars, and consultations.
- Uzhhorod National University is attended by approximately 13,000 students with extensive programs for foreign students and international study opportunities taught in English.
- Students are qualified with an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree that is internationally recognised with significant worldwide demand in the field of healthcare and internal medicine.
- Sumy State University (SSU) is in Sumy city in the North-East of Ukraine.
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Programme is offered in English and is taught in small class groups of 8-10 students on average allowing for valuable teacher-student engagement.
- The undergraduate medicine programme is structured into sequential learning for students to build upon theory and practical experience progressively.
- SSU is attended by roughly 16,000 students of which 1,300 are foreign. The university is well-known for its lively international student community.
- According to the university rankings sites Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank, SSU is one of the top Ukrainian universities.
- Sumy State University encourages all students to join academic networks and participate in mobility programs, volunteering, summer international practice, and conferences.
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is a leader in the field of medical education and innovation in Ukraine.
- This 6-years undergraduate entry programme is highly competitive and aligns with European Union standards.
- The university has a prestigious English-language medical programme which is fully-accredited and globally-recognised.
- Students access ZSMU’s “University Clinic” for practical classes and medical aid with the institution highly sought after for these facilities.
- The undergraduate medicine programme attracts a high number of international students for the robust curriculum and clinical facilities.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- There is no graduate entry in Ukraine since local medical universities do not recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees due to the major differences between the curriculum of medicine and the foreign BSc degree. So, Ukrainian medical transcripts cannot include modules studied in a BSc degree.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Those wishing to study medicine at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine because online learning is not permitted for any medicine programmes according to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+ Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Why Study Medicine in Ukraine?
- Ukrainian universities are renowned for their academic history and contemporary teaching.
- Ukraine offers students a vibrant learning environment for tertiary studies in undergraduate entry medicine.
- In both cities and regional areas, the country attracts visitors for its unique landscape, history, and traditional cuisine.
- Ukrainian people are known for their hospitality with students able to learn more about culture and language while enjoying a pleasant lifestyle.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events