Why study Graduate Entry Medicine in English at Uzhhorod National University?
No Entry Exams
3 or 4 Years
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Uzhhorod National University?
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is situated in Uzhhorod, the vibrant regional capital of Western Ukraine.
- UzhNU is a leading, not-for-profit public university founded in 1945.
- The university currently enrols around 13,000 students with many international students studying their vibrant curriculum of courses taught in English.
- UzhNU has 20 faculties with over 3,000 academic professors and researchers.
- The university has a heritage of excellence and academic rigour upheld in the motto, “The more we know – the more we can”.
- UzhNU has established a range of international partnerships focused on research and pedagogy including European scientific projects and Erasmus+.
+ The 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Programme with BSc Degree
- UzhNU offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme to graduates with the prerequisite of a Bachelor Degree in a science-related field.
- This is an accelerated study path with studies beginning in the fourth year of the university’s 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme in Ukraine.
- Applicants submit analytical academic transcripts with their application documents and do not sit entry exams.
- The programme is taught in English and is renowned for a well-established medicine course with alumni practising medicine throughout the world.
- Graduate entry students complete extensive clinical training in hospitals and medical settings.
- Studying Graduate Entry Medicine offers students the option to start studies at a more advanced stage of the programme saving them time and money.
- The UzhNU qualification ensures a global degree for international students and graduates have high level professional experience.
- Study Medicine Europe’s (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has authorisation to assess application paperwork, including evaluating academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies, for the graduate programmes; key information is at the tab below, Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
+How do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia work?
- SME offers a limited opportunity for students studying at UzhNU to complete clinical rotations for up to three years in professional medical settings abroad.
- All rotations are matched by SME to hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA and Australia in line with the UzhNU clinical modules.
- Students must apply for consideration to SME with the following documents:
- Submit the name of the department, the rotation duration in that department to be in line with their UzhNU programme, and their CV.
- SME must also receive a confirmed application authorisation from the Professor who coordinates their medicine programme.
- Places in the clinical rotations abroad are limited to availability in number therefore SME offers opportunities based on when the student applied.
- Students experience many benefits from completing these clinical rotations abroad from exposure to a range of medical environments through to gaining international skills early in their career.
+ How Much Does the Programme Cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||3800|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||110–220||1300–2600|
|Electricity & Gas||20||200|
+ Admission to Uzhhorod National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ Life in Uzhhorod
- The historic ninth century city of Uzhhorod has a rich culture, stunning architecture and high accessibility that make it a very pleasant university town.
- Uzhhorod is split into a charming ‘old’ and ‘new’ town with the Uzh River separating these parts of the city.
- The climate is temperate year-round so residents can enjoy four proper seasons that are very liveable.
- Based on its Western Ukraine location, Uzhhorod is interconnected to other Ukrainian cities as well as Slovakia and Hungary via its railway system.
- Uzhhorod is perfect for students with its affordability, low cost of living, and friendliness for a relaxed and balanced lifestyle.
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe and is incredibly culturally diverse.
- The country is appealing for its culture, spectacular nature, heritage, architecture, cuisine, and contemporary development.
- Ukrainians are friendly, open, and hospitable with a passion for sharing about their country and culture.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events