Why Study Medicine in English at Bogomolets National Medical University?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Bogomolets National Medical University?
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is one of Ukraine’s leading universities, established in Kiev in 1840.
- BNMU has a strong heritage of innovative medical practice and teaching with graduates working throughout Ukraine and the world.
- The university currently has over 10,000 students and attracts international students from over 55 countries.
- Students complete studies and training with a faculty of medical experts including practitioners, research fellows, and academics.
- BNMU is a leading institution in the international medical space and its alumni are pioneers in disciplines including forensics, anatomy and opthamology.
- Graduates from the medicine programme practise internationally in many countries including the UK, USA and Canada.
+ What does the 6-Year Medicine Programme involve?
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is studied entirely in Kiev, Ukraine at the university’s world-class facilities.
- This programme is taught in English and due to its international reputation and global qualification offerings, there are currently students from 55 countries studying at BNMU.
- Studies involve two semesters per year with three years of preclinical modules and three years of clinical modules.
- BNMU’s laboratories see students develop their medical skills in on-campus and off-campus facilities.
- Theoretical and practical studies are structured into lectures, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical rotations.
- The University’s teaching faculty has over 1,200 medical and academic staff plus students also learn in Kiev hospitals and Scientific Research Centers.
- Graduates are qualified with a globally-recognised Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree and they can practise medicine all over the world.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- In accordance with Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, students who wish to study at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine as online learning is prohibited for the study of medicine.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- In Ukraine, graduate entry is not allowed as local medical universities do not acknowledge non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees because of the significant differences between the curriculum of the medicine course and the foreign BSc degree. Therefore, Ukrainian medical transcripts cannot include subjects studied in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||4,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1,540–3,080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+ Admission to Bogomolets National Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Life in Kiev
- Kiev is an incredibly historic capital and is home to over two million residents.
- The city has withstood significant historic events since its founding in the fifth century and was nearly completely destroyed during World War Two.
- It is one of the largest and oldest cities in Eastern Europe attracting residents and visitors for its architecture, history, and culture.
- The geography of Kiev offers unique options for an urban and natural lifestyle including strong public transport infrastructure and greenspaces.
- As the capital of Ukraine, the city is the country’s hub for food, the arts, and heritage.
- Even with its size and development, Kiev is ideal for students with an affordable cost of living, great housing options, and entertainment offerings.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Ukraine is one of the largest countries in modern Europe and also one of the most diverse.
- The country has highly distinct regions based on its size and unique geography.
- In all directions, the natural landscape is regarded as spectacular with mountains, glacial melt, waterfalls, lakes, ancient forests, coastline, and the famous steppes.
- Ukrainian cuisine is rich and hearty thanks to the ‘Black Soil’ that makes the country a powerhouse of farming.
- Local people are hospitable and passionate about Ukrainian culture and history.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events