Why Study Medicine at Gomel State Medical University in Belarus?
No Entry Exams
Up to the last 3 years
+Why Choose Gomel State Medical University?
- Gomel State Medical University (GSMU) in Gomel, Belarus is one of the country’s most highly-regarded modern medical training institutions.
- GSMU is considered to be in the world’s Top 100 medical schools.
- The city of Gomel attracts many students, particularly for GSMU.
- The university has a diverse, experienced medical faculty who were founding members of GSMU.
- Medical students at GSMU can study an undergraduate 6-Year Medicine Programme.
- Students learn in a competitive, rigorous setting and GSMU is dedicated to comprehensive training in working hospitals and facilities for four years in the programmes offered.
- All modules are taught in English and the medicine curriculum has been developed to ensure students are prepared for a global career practising medicine.
- The university facilities are state-of-the-art with extensive teaching and seminar areas, digital zones, medical training equipment, and laboratories for scientific research and study.
- At GSMU, all medical students complete a state clinical internship in the final year of their programme which includes clinical electives before graduating with their Doctor of Medicine (MD) qualification.
- Students are offered opportunities such as university exchanges and participation in conferences, events and European networking meetings.
- GSMU is famous for its extracurricular and community-focused activities that promote connection and engagement in culture, sport and social initiatives.
+What does the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course involve?
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme at GSMU is studied in Gomel, Belarus
- Students study all modules in English and graduate with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) which enables them to practise medicine internationally.
- The commencement of a new study year is in October.
- Course modules are studied on-campus at the GSMU Medical School and in Belarussian hospitals and medical facilities.
- The programme is structured into three phases of two years of modules, three years of rotations and modules, and one year of an internship and final exams.
- The overall curriculum is progressive in order for knowledge to be built upon and students to sustain foundational theory comprehension and gain proficiency in all medical training.
- For Years Three to Five, students undertake clinical modules involving lectures and clinical rotations in hospitals and medical facilities.
- For Year Six, the final year, students complete an intensive State internship with clinical electives and then sit major exams to qualify.
- Graduates from this programme are supported to achieve key competencies and experience with many pursuing an international career in the USA, the UK and Canada.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers GSMU students an international clinical rotations pathway for up to three years of study in the UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada and the USA.
- Students are matched by SME to placements at hospitals and medical facilities in these regions and their rotations are all in line with their GSMU curriculum.
- To apply, interested students submit to SME:
- Their professional CV and placement preferences (duration, location and department of the hospital or facility).
- An official authorisation of their application documents from the GSMU medical professor coordinating their programme.
- There are limited rotation placements available due to the specificity of matching the curriculum with the hospital or facility; SME offers places in order of application submission.
- The international clinical placements programme is an invaluable pathway for skill development in diverse settings and network-building while studying.
+How much are the programmes?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees()||Medicine||October||4,400/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1,660–3,320|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
+Admission to Gomel State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Belarus.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Belarussian to satisfy state directives.
+Life in Gomel
- Gomel is the second most populous city in Belarus and considered one of its most charming.
- The city is located in a lush valley with oak trees and the climate is very pleasing.
- Gomel was founded on the bank of the river Sozh and there are many kilometres of beaches.
- The city attracts many visitors with its palaces, sacred churches, museums and intriguing mix of ancient and modern architecture.
- University students can very comfortably live and study in Gomel and there is a reliable network of trolleybuses.
+Life in Belarus
- The Republic of Belarus is the thirteenth-largest country in Europe.
- Due to its marshes and forests, Belarus has been called ‘the lungs of Europe’.
- The culture of Belarussians focuses around music and sharing the local cuisine with rye bread a central feature in traditional dishes.
- The lifestyle for residents including students is pleasant and people love to be in nature enjoying the range of seasonal activities including skiing in the cold months or hiking in the warmer months.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events